|Josephine Wall's Flights of Wonder|
Goodbye June, you were very good to me. Hello July, I'm expected excellent things to happen. I spent part of the morning planting two beautiful blue salvia plants and doing a bit of weeding. Then enjoyed watching the hummingbirds and butterflies flitting around the butterfly bush sitting on the patio yet to be planted. I'm thinking of buying a large pot and leaving it on the patio instead of planting it in the front garden. Kind of neat to commune with the butterflies but I know right behind them will be the bees so... Our weather compared to the rest of the country was a beautiful balmy 81 so going to enjoy it while we can.
My reading this month was full with mysteries and urban fantasy with a cozy romance thrown in. Most of the ebooks are 200-300 pages so easy to read in a day especially when prefer to read rather than watch tv.
- The Inquisitor's Key - Jefferson Bass (william morrow)
- The Bishop - Steven James
- A Killing Tide - P. J. Alderman (ebook)
- Barefoot in the Sand - Roxanne St. Claire (ebook)
- Blameless (Parasol Protectorate) - Gail Carriger (ebook)
- Face of a Killer - Robin Burcell (ebook)
- Night Shift - reread (#1 Jill Kismet) - Lilith Saintcrow (ebook)
- Hunter's Prayer (#2 Jill Kismet) - Lilith Saintcrow (ebook)
- Redemption Alley (#3 Jill Kismet) - Lilith Saintcrow (ebook)
- Flesh Circus (#4 Jill Kismet) - Lilith Saintcrow (ebook)
- Heaven's Spite #5 Jill Kismet) - Lilith Saintcrow (ebook)
- Angel Town (#6 Jill Kismet) - Lilith Saintcrow (ebook)
- Never Tell #4 Ellie Hatcher)- Alafair Burke (TLC Book Tour)
- Angel's Tip (# 2 Ellie Hatcher) - Alafair Burke (TLC Book Tour
- Dead Connections (#1 Ellie Hatcher) - Alafair Burke (ebook)
- Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse) - Charlaine Harris (ebook)
- Hunting Fear (#7 Bishop special crimes) - Kay Hooper (ebook)
- Judas Kiss (#3 Taylor Jackson) - K.T. Ellison (ebook)
Writing wise, today is Day 1 of Inkybites Recharge your Creative Batteries and the task is the Zen of daily mind clearing exercises which includes morning pages, morning meditation and/or journaling. I read Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way a couple years back and used to do morning pages and that kind of fell by the wayside. Even picked up Vein of Gold last year but didn't get around to it. So going to tackle the book and will commit to morning pages every day for July and hopefully by the end of the month will be a habit again that will continue for the rest of the year. One day at a time!