Readers may be divided into four classes:
1) Sponges, who absorb all that they read and return it in
nearly the same state, only a little dirtied.
2) Sand-glasses, who retain nothing and are content to get
through a book for the sake of getting through the time.
3) Strain-bags, who retain merely the dregs of what they read.
4) Mogul diamonds, equally rare and valuable, who profit by
what they read, and enable others to profit by it also.
~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge ~
Wow! August just flew by. It was a fairly lazy month in which we read much, played lots, thought hard, wrote oodles, fought a little and loved gobs. I read twice as many books than I usually do, though I have to admit some were fairly short novels. I discovered Lori Foster's Buckhorn Brothers and immersed myself in the paranormal world of the Riley Jensen Guardian Series by Keri Arthur. I fell in love the characters Claire and Jaime from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. And I traveled from the Space station, to the future and the past and all over the world from Alaska to Scotland. *sigh*
- Charmed and Dangerous - Toni McGee Causey
- The Reincarnationist - M.J. Rose
- The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffennegger
- Offworld - Robin Parrish
- Outlander - Diana Gabaldon (Sept tlc tour)
- Coming Home - Mariah Stewart (Sept tlc tour)
- Home Again - Mariah Stewart (Sept tlc tour)
- Venon - Joan Brady (dnf)
- The Night Before - Lisa Jackson
- Against All Odds - Irene Hannon
- Crescendo - Becca Fitzpatrick (review forthcoming)
- Tempest Rising - Nicole Peeler
- Winter Study - Nevada Barr
- Darkest Kiss #6- Keri Arthur
- Sawyer (Buckhorn brothers) - Lori Foster (ebook)
- Morgan (Buckhorn brothers) - Lori Foster (ebook)
- Gabe (Buckhorn brothers) - Lori Foster (ebook)
- Jordan (Buckhorn Brothers- Lori Foster (ebook)
- The Silent Gift - Michael Landon Jr.
- Infinite Days - Rebecca Maizel (review forthcoming)
- Deadly Desire # 7 - Keri Arthur
- Bound to Shadows # 8 - Keri Arthur
- Moon Sworn # 9 - Keri Arthur
- Running Scared - Lisa Jackson
- Casey (Buckhorn Brothers) - Lori Foster
September promises to be an interesting month. I am currently hosting TLC tours Diana Gabaldon's Echo in the Bone tour and having a giveaway of Echo in the Bone. You have a couple more days until September 7th to get your name in the hat. Also hosting TLC tours of Mariah Stewart's Home Coming, (9/7) and Barbara Kingsolver's The Poisonwood Bible (9/17). Plus Julie Lessman's A Hope Undaunted tour (9/20-25). AND we have Book Bloggers Appreciation week coming up September 13 through the 17th.
I will be having a couple giveaways, plus doing an interview swap with Alison from Piling on the Books. We've never meet IRL or virtually so this will be fun getting to know each other. So stayed tune!
Things in the blogosphere to check out.
Audiobook Jukebox put together by BethFishReads and Susan of Audiobook DJ.
Michelle Davidson Argyle's Cinder's Book Blog tour September 19th to the 25th.
All the latest reviews on the SF and Fantasy Masterworks Reading project. Larry is a speed reader and leaving the rest of us in the dust. I hope to have a review of Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury posted sometime in the next couple weeks.
Plus a mini challenge on Read 52 Books in 52 weeks challenge blog. You get a chance to decide which book I'll be reading in J is for Justice.
Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. What are you reading this weekend?