I received a surprise award from a new blogger friend the other day - Buffy of Buffy's Write Zone. She is one of the brains behind Inkwell - a new group for writers and illustrators. Thanks, Buffy. As the recipient of the award, I'm suppose to tell you 7 things about myself and pass it on to 15 other bloggers who you think are fantastic.
Are you ready:
1) I meet my husband in 1992 when I placed an ad in the Sacramento Single News Magazine. We'll be married 13 years in August. Who knew you could meet your soul mate through a want ad!
2) When I worked for KVIE, our local PBS station, I played the cookie monster from Sesame Street for an event. Yep, dressed up in the blue suit, stuffed with pillow cases and all the kids thought I was the real thing.
3) I got adventuresome back in the 80's (especially since I'm an introvert) and took a vacation all by myself and went to Buccaneers Creeks Club Med in Martinique. Meet many interesting people!
4) Guilty pleasure: I love celebrity gossip and check out X17online everyday.
5) Back in the 90's I bought a retired police chaser Ford Mustang from a police car auction. It was a souped up v8 and for all the time I drove it, never got stopped or ticketed. Found out later, the registration showed it as an undercover car. Always wondered why police cars would pull up beside me, the officer give me a nod and keep going. ;o
6) I don't like watermelon or jello - it's a texture thing.
7) Expensive pleasures: I love french wine and champagne. My husband introduced me to Bordeaux wines and Dom Perignon a few years back and spoiled me for life.
Instead of just 15 fine folks, I'm passing this on to all my fine followers. You all are such versatile people, but so quiet. Please tell me 7 things about yourself in the comments or leave a link to your blog post.