Today at Booking through Thursday the meme is about being "Thankful"
Share 7 things you are thankful for: this can be about books, sure–authors you appreciate, books you love, an ode to your public library–but also, how about other things, too? Because in times like these, with bills piling up and disaster seemingly lurking around every corner, it’s more important than ever to stop and take stock of the things we’re grateful for. Family. Friends. Good health (I hope). Coffee and tea. Turkey. Sunshine. Wagging tails. Curling up with a good book.
So, how about it? Spread a little positive thinking and tell the world what there is to be thankful for.
I am thankful for
1) My husband and son, they provide much joy, happiness and laughter in my life.
2) Our business. Surprisingly enough, the recent downturn hasn't affected us all that much. More people than ever are coming in to get their home theater equipment, speakers, amplifiers, mixers and keyboards repaired. We seem to have a consistent two week backlog.
3) We don't have any debt, except for a small house payment and we don't have to worry about finances.
4) Thankful to my four cats who provide us unconditional love and keep me warm, snuggled in my lap.
5) Thankful for a husband who doesn't complain about how many books I buy.
6) Thankful for all those wonderful authors out there who write the books that I buy.
7) Thankful to all those wonderful authors and bloggers who have inspired me to write.
I could probably come up with several more, but have to include one more.
I am thankful for you... Yes, you who took the time out of your day to visit me.
Have a wonderful turkey day. Go hug your mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, sister, daughter, brother, son, neighbor, police officer, soldier and thank them for all they do.
"Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life." Robert Stevenson