|courtesy of Horia Varlan|
It's time for Round 2 of A Round of Words in 80 Days which will run from today through June 21st. My goals will be simple. To edit, edit, then edit some more. Finally getting a handle on it....I think. Currently reading James Scott Bell's Revision and Self Editing and Alexandra Sokoloff's Screenwriting Tips for Authors. Between the two of them, I'm hitting the ground running. My goals will be simple this round
1) Edit suspense story - Eyes in the Ashes. It's been sitting on the back burner long enough so going into it fresh.
2) Sponsorship: I am also a sponsor this round so goal is to visit at least 5 ROWers per day.
3) Writing - need to keep the creative right brain engaged so write at least 250 words per day, whether it will be the story, blogging, journal or just being creative and letting my imagination fly.
4) Blogging: Besides ROW80 Wednesday check in's and Sunday Salon, plan to devote one day per week to book reviews and hopefully get caught up.
5) Craft - Finish Revision and Self Editing. Move on to Characters, Emotion and Viewpoint by Nancy Kress. Interesting point - Editor Jennifer Sawyer Fisher who taught one of the sessions at Left Coast Crime said the best books on editing are the Write Great Fiction series. Awesome because I happen to have to majority of them.
6) Education - taking course on Savvy Author this round about critiquing.
7) Reading for craft - read 10 fiction books for plot and structure and analyze. Working on the list.
8) Exercise - treadmill 5 days per week
9) Twitter - I'll see you round the water cooler
My immediate goals for this week are:
1) write up scenes on index cards and put in order
2) Interview main male character and rewrite chapter two
3) Design new cover - just for grins
4) Write up sponsor blog post and submit to Kait.
5) Write up book review for Frank Peretti's Illusion and ASK FRANK blog tour post for Wednesday.
6) Get started on the taxes!
Check in with my fellow ROWers here. We have a few newbies so be sure to give them some encouragement. Plus Lena and Barbara are hosting the twitter party on the 4th. Be there or be square.