I love reading, don't you?
Last year when Kay, one of the ladies of Well Trained Mind home school forum, started the Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks challenge, I joined in. I also got the wonderful idea of creating a blog for everyone to use: Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks blog. The blog gave a place for the participants of the challenge to post reviews, and I also provided links to various book sights and kept track of the number of books read. After a few weeks, Kay unfortunately had to drop out due to personal reasons. I took over hosting the challenge on the forum as well. The blog also gave me another place to post my reviews. Plus I have been posting once a week with the weekly updates and featuring certain genre's or authors, highlighting events going around the blogosphere, etc.
As the year has wound down, so has the number of contributors to the blog. I had decided to drop the blog and the challenge for 2010, since I am hosting the Mind Voyages Challenge, but lots of folks wanted to continue for 2010 and I talked myself back into it. It hasn't really been that much work, more fun than anything. So While I will be hosting the challenge on the forum doing weekly update for the ladies of Well Trained Mind, I will continue the blog with one major change. I am opening up the blog to whoever wants to participate. Plus I'm going to come up with a theme for the weekly posts. Spice it up a bit. Perhaps something similar to A-Z Wednesday concentrating on talking about authors and books whose names start with certain letter. Or concentrate on one genre a month.
The goal is to read one book (at least) a week for 52 weeks. The rules are very simple:
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010.
- Participants may join at any time.
- All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.
- Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2010.
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Create an entry post linking to this blog.
- Come back and sign up with Mr. Linky in the "I'm participating post" below this post.
- You don't have a blog to participate, I can set you up as a reviewer.
- I'll be adding a post with Mr. Linky for participants to post book reviews.
This is an easy challenge for those of you who have been finding it difficult to fit reading into your busy lives. One book a week, that's it. No lists and read what you want. If you'd like to join in, click on over to 52 Books in 52 Weeks.