Post to Ponder

Only in California?

A couple married in August had their marriage license rejected after they were married because they crossed out "Party A" and "Party B" and wrote in Bride and Groom. Their marriage license was rejected because they altered the form, so they sued.

It seems that when same sex marriage was legalized, the forms were changed to read Party A and Party B. California officials received numerous requests from residents all over the state who wanted to be identified as bride and groom, so they agreed to change the forms once again.

Now couples can declare themselves

Bride and Groom, Groom and Groom, or Bride and Bride or just leave it blank all together.

My fix would have been to have two forms. Keep the Party A and Party B form and have a secondary form with Bride and Groom. How difficult would have that had been. Now they have to toss all the old forms and make new ones. The new forms will be available November 17th.

What a waste of money, plus don't you think they should really wait until after the election. When Proposition 8 passes in November, they'll just have to change them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately due to being spammed, all comments will be moderated and will appear after approval. At least I'm not using the dreaded captcha. Thank you for dropping by!