How I got started blogging and my personal goals for journaling.
When blogs first started appearing on the internet, I didn’t have a clue what they were about. Just a web log about something or other and basically ignored them. I used the internet to gather information, not to read or browse through someone else’s thoughts or feelings. After I was on the well trained mind boards for while, I was exposed to the homeschool blogs. I actually read a few and thought how interesting. Not really something I could do...had all the excuses in the world popping up. I am not that verbose, our life isn’t interesting enough, why would anyone read it. Then as the blog world matured or maybe as I matured; learning, thinking, expanding my horizons, the thought crossed my mind. Hey, I could do that! Even if it was to keep our families abreast of our daily doings, it would be fun and help my writing skills. Having recently gone back to college, I needed to refresh my writing and thinking skills. It would be a journal of our life. I’ve never been able to keep a written journal for very long. Always too tired to write, to think. But, I was on the computer everyday…doing lessons, reading the news, research, so why not add in blogging. So that in a nutshell is how I got started blogging.
My dream place to blog:
1. What time do you usually blog? No certain time…when my brain doesn’t feel like mush.
2. What is your favorite drink? Pepsi
3. What is your favorite book? I don’t have one favorite. My interests are very eclectic. One author who moves me is Bodie Thoene.
4. What is your favorite dessert? Chocolate Ice Cream
5. Share a scripture that has been an inspiration in your growth with Christ. It is hard to pick just one. Galatians 5:22,23 really speaks to me and has helped me to train myself to be a better person. Once I started teaching it to James, it made a big difference in our lives. When I find myself getting upset over anything, it helps me to be calm.
Thanks for visiting my blog. It is always nice to meet new bloggers.
The sunset pic is definitely dreamy! Thanks for dropping by.